W e l c o m e t o t h e w e b s i t e o f s p y - t h r i l l e r a u t h o r D a n M a y l a n d
• Responding to requests from readers, I've added an EXTRAS tab above. Click on it and you’ll find things that might be helpful or interesting to have when reading my books—downloadable maps, discussion questions, lists of characters, links to photos of places featured in the books, and a glossary. •Want a chance to win a FREE ADVANCE READER'S COPY of Spy For Hire,the next Mark Sava thriller? Click here:
• Want to order a signed copy of one of my books? Click here:
• Want to say hello in person? I'll be at the the Bouchercon mystery/thriller writers' conference in Albany from September 19-22.
Thanks for visiting,
• The Colonel's Mistake hits #1 on Amazon's spy-thriller bestseller list in the US, UK and Germany
• The Leveling, book 2 in the Mark Sava series, hits #1 on Amazon's US and UK political-thriller bestseller list.
• German translation of The Colonel's Mistake released Jun 25, 2013.
• Spy For Hire, the third book in the Sava Series, will be released Feb. 25, 2014.
Praise for The Leveling
"Mayland's insight into Central Asian espionage and his ability to craft a breathless thriller are exceeded only by his understanding of the human heart. Think you can guess what The Leveling refers to? Think again." –Orest Stelmach, bestselling author of The Boy From Reactor 4
Praise for The Colonel's Mistake
Mayland beautifully captures the high stakes games played in an increasingly complex world. The Colonel's Mistake is a terrific ride.
–Kyle Mills, New York Times Bestselling author of The Immortalists
Mayland tells a riveting spy story from the Caspian oil city of Baku. He vividly captures a mysterious, dangerous place that swarms with agents like Cold War Berlin in the 1960s. –Lutz Kleveman, author of The New Great Game: Blood and Oil in Central Asia
An outstanding debut... The Colonel's Mistake has a fresh setting well off the beaten path of the run of the mill intelligence novel, and you'll definitely be rewarded for making the trip... –William Christie, author of The Warriors of God ...recalls the knowing thrillers of David Ignatius. There’s also plenty of action, and a violent denouement. Espionage-thriller fans won’t want to miss this one. –Booklist
Content copyright . Dan Mayland. All rights reserved.